Chief Scientist & Head, Mass Standard,
CSIR – National Physical Laboratory,
Dr K S Krishnan Marg, New Delhi – 110012
Phone: 09818244100 (M), 011-45608348 (O)
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
• M. E. (Mechanical Engineering with specialization Thermal Engineering) with First Division from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi in 1999.
• B. Sc. (Engineering) (Mechanical Engineering) with First Division from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra in 1981.
Experience (30+ years)
• Joined CSIR – National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi in 1983 as Scientist – B and currently serving as Chief Scientist (Scientist G).
• Serving as Head, Mass Standards at CSIR – NPL since April 2010.
• Also serving as Quality Manager to CSIR – NPL since Jan 2015.
• Served as Deputy Quality Manager to CSIR – NPL during Jan 2013 – Dec 2014.
• Proven research experience of more than 30 years as on date related to force, torque, hardness, mass metrology etc.
• Established various major measurement facilities related to different physical quantities including Force, Torque, Hardness, Mass etc.
• A number of consultancy research projects and sponsored research projects to credit.
• Successfully developed many force calibration machines as well as torque comparators in-house.
• Lead Assessor and Technical Assessor to National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), India and have carried out 100+ audits of different calibration laboratories.
• Arranged a number of training programs in-house as well as outside. These training programs have been very helpful in spreading knowledge and awareness to different aspects of metrology to user industries and calibration laboratories personnel.
• About 50 research and technical papers in peer-reviewed International / national journals and conferences.
• Presented many invited talks and key note lectures in various seminars and conferences of repute.
• In addition, actively involved in research and academic activities.
• Have supervised 2 Ph. D.’s and several M. Tech.’s dissertations.
• Member of Editorial Board & Reviewer Board of Mapan – Journal of Metrology Society of India (A Springer India Publication).
• In addition, member to various technical committee to Bureau of Indian standards (BIS), New Delhi.
• Visited various National Metrology Institutes like PTB, Germany, BIPM, Paris etc.
Recent Significant Publications
1. Harish Kumar, Pardeep, Mohit Kaushik & Anil Kumar (2014), Development and Characterization of a Modified Ring Shaped Force Transducer, Mapan – Journal of Metrology Society of India, Springer.
2. Harish Kumar, Chitra Sharma & Anil Kumar (2013), The development and metrological characterization of a square ring shaped force transducer, Measurement Science and Technology, 24 (9), IOP.
3. Harish Kumar & Anil Kumar (2013), Metrological performance evaluation of force standard machines using intercomparison as a measure at National Physical Laboratory, India, Current Science,105 (8), pp. 1138-1143, Indian Academy of Science.
4. Harish Kumar, Chitra Sharma & Anil Kumar (2012), Deflection analysis of a force transducer, Sensor Letters, Vol. 10 (3/4), pp. 723-728, American Scientific Publishers.
5. Rajesh Kumar, Harish Kumar*, Vikram & Anil Kumar (2012), Long term uncertainty investigations of 1 MN force calibration machine at NPL, India (NPLI), Measurement Science Review, Vol. 12 (4), pp. 147-150, Versita Publishers.